Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter Burnoff


I went out and washed dishes with Alex Cothell from Dr. Porkenstein on Sunday for the annual Winter Burnoff. As you can tell by the singed arm, I forgot how hot Big Green Eggs can get!!! The name of the contest is in no reference to me trying to burn all of the hair off of my arm! Keith from KRE Smokers organizes the event as a fund-raiser for NOAH, the National Organization for Albinism Hypopigmentation. I believe this is the 4th Annual and it's a lot of fun to see everyone in the middle of winter. This year it was a balmy 30 degrees, which was a stark contrast to last year, when it was -4º and with the windchill, it was -30º.


Seth and Alex


Quau


Smokey Joel



This contest is a very laid-back contest. As you can see by the pictures, everyone was rushing up to be photgraphed with Jasper!!!



The Overall Grand Champions were my boys from Porkrastinators, Scott Hettinga and Seth McCallister . Way to go go guys!!!

Until our next adventure.

Cancer Sucks!

Scottie

0 comments:

Post a Comment